19 October, 2023
Mushroom Sauce (Vegan)Posted in : Sauces on by : MikeZ
Mushroom Sauce (Vegan)
This Polish Mushroom Sauce recipe is quick and easy to make with fresh mushrooms. Thick and creamy, the luscious sos grzybowy makes a fabulous vegan sauce!
- Medium SaucePan
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 lb. Fresh Mushrooms - sliced
- 1 Tbsp. AP Flour
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- ⅔ cup Water
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Sm. Onion - Chopped Fine (Optional)
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Minced (Optional)
- Wash mushrooms, slice /or dice to your liking.
- Optional – Start by sautéing Onion in butter until translucent and thenadd minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add mushrooms and sauté in butter for about 10 minutes.
- Add ⅔ cup water and bring to boil. Turn off the heat.
- In a separate small mixing bowl mix cold heavy cream with flour.
- After water and mushrooms have cooled, slowly add flour/cream misture, stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Serve warm.
For a smooth sauce, blend with an Immersion Blender or Food Processor. Refrigerate for 2 – 3 days. Does not freeze well.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved