13 October, 2023
Sausage Roll AppetizersPosted in : Appetizers, Pork on by : MikeZ
Sausage Roll Appetizers
Sausage Rolls inside flaky puff pastry, flavored with bacon, onion, and parsley. Balls of goodness in golden flaky puff pastry. Easy to make ahead and freeze until needed.
Servings 24 pieces
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper lined Baking Sheet
- 3 slices Bacon - cooked and chopped fine
- 1 lb. Pork Sausage - (See note)
- 1 Tbsp. Onion - minced
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley - minced
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs - unseasoned
- 2 Eggs - divided
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry Dough - thawed
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked crumbled bacon, raw sausage, minced onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, and one egg. Mix well until combined.
- Place Puff Pastry sheet on a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper on a Baking Sheet and cut pastry into four pieces lengthwise.
- Divided the sausage mixture into four parts and shape into four logs the same length as the pastry sheet.
- Place each sausage log on a strip of pastry dough and form into a tube, sealing the long edge. Place the seam on the bottom of each log.
- Place the logs on the Baking Sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk the other egg together with a tablespoon of water.
- Remove the logs from the freezer and cut each log into six pieces.
- Arrange the pieces on parchment lined baking sheet (slightly separated) and brush with the egg wash.
- Bake at 400° F. for 20-22 minutes until golden brown.
Turkey Sausage may be substituted for Pork. Rolls may be frozen in a sealed container or plastic bag for 3 months and may be baked straight from the freezer – add 2 Minutes to time.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved