29 October, 2021
Pepper Steak – Crock-PotPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
Crock Pot Pepper Steak
- Crock Pot
- Medium Skillet
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 2 lbs. Sirloin Steak - sliced into strips
- 2 tsp. Garlic - Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅔ cup Water - Hot
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 cup Shallots - Chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Can Tomatoes - Petite Diced
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- ½ Tbsp. Cracked Peppercorn
- 2 Medium Bell Peppers - Cut into Bite Size
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Throw the Steak Strips and Chopped Shallots into the hot skillet in order to get a nice sear on the meat and to caramelize the shallots.
- Sauté them in the pan for approximately 5 Minutes then turn the heat off.
- Separately, combine the Bouillon, Cornstarch, and Cracked Pepper in a medium mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- The next step is to slowly whisk the Hot Water into the dry seasoning ingredients.
- Turn the crockpot on low and combine the Seasoning Mixture, Steak, and Shallots into it.
- Whisk the Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, and Brown Sugar into the Pot.
- Add the Canned Tomatoes and mix before setting the lid on and cooking for 6 Hours.
- Lastly add in the Bell Pepper Slices and cook for another hour.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved