29 October, 2021
Spinning Bowl SaladPosted in : Salads on by : MikeZ
From The 20 Century Restaurant on Belmont Ave.
Spinning Bowl Salad
This was the classic salad served at the 20th Century Restaurant on Belmont Avenue by the owner, Morris ‘Blondie’ Levy, back in the day. It's simple and quick to prepare. Difficulty: Beginner
- One Large "Spinning" Bowl
- 50 % Miracle Whip
- 50% KRAFT Zesty Italian.
- Whip until smooth.
- Use day-old white sandwich bread cut into squares
- Bake lightly in a 350°F oven on both sides
- Sprinkle with powdered garlic & melted butter
- Bake until golden brown.
- 1 Hardboiled Egg - grated.
- ¼ cup Blue Cheese - Crumbled
- 1 Head of Lettuce - chopped coarsely
- a tad of escarole - (optional)
- Prepoare Dresing per above instructions
- Mix everything together just prior to serving.
I add Grape Tomatoes and chopped Green Onions but that’s just me.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved