29 October, 2021
Beef and Cabbage – StovetopPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
Stovetop Beef and Cabbage
Quick and easy. A hearty meal for a cold or rainy day.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 4 – 6
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 Onion - chopped
- 1 cup Rice - uncooked
- 3 cups Cabbage - chopped
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce - 18 oz.
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Can Petite Diced Tomatoes - 14 oz. – undrained
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese - shredded
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Brown the Beef and sauté Onions.
- Season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Drain off grease.
- Once Onions are clear, add Rice, Cabbage, Tomato Sauce, Water, and Diced Tomatoes. Stir.
- Let come to a boil, cover and, reduce heat to medium-low
- Simmer for 20 To 30 Minutes or until rice is done and cabbage is soft. Don’t peek for doneness before 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, top with Cheese and re-cover with a lid to melt for a few minutes.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved