16 October, 2022
Beer Battered Onion StringsPosted in : Appetizers, Misc, Sides on by : MikeZ
Beer Battered Onion Strings
Sweet Vidalia Onions with a dipping sauce. Super Easy to make and perfect size for a weekday meal.Difficulty: Easy
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- Baking Sheet & Paper Towels For Draining
- Kitchen Tongs
- Long Handled Wire Skimmer
- 1 Vidalia Onion - large, thinly sliced
- ½ cup AP Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Coarse Salt
- 6 oz. Beer - (1/2 can)
- 1 Egg - large
- Canola Oil - (for frying)
- Salt - to Taste
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 clove Garlic - (minced)
- 2 tsp. Cajun Seasoning * - (See Note)
- 1 pinch Coarse Salt
- Heat oil to 375˚F. in a large skillet.
- Mix Beer, Egg, Four, Baking Powder and Salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Working in batches, dip Sliced Onions into Batter to coat. Lightly shake off any excess. Using Kitchen Tongs, slowly submerge onions into the hot oil and fry until crispy and brown, about 3 minutes. Using a Long Handled Wire Skimmer, transfer them to a baking sheet lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Salt to taste immediately .
- Repeat until all Onions are fried.
- In a medium bowl, mix ingredients until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
* – See the Cajon (Blackened) Seasoning Recipe HERE.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved