17 October, 2022
Mac and Cheese – VelveetaPosted in : Pasta, Sides on by : MikeZ
Mac and Cheese – Velveeta
A hearty meal that boasts of all the creature comforts of Home Cooking.Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Qt. Baking Dish
- Large Pot to Boil Noodles
- Medium SaucePan
- Small Mixing Bowl for Topping
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Dry Mustard Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ lb. Velveeta - cubed
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni measured dry - approx. 8 ounces
- ½ cup Sharp Cheddar
- ¼ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook Macaroni until al dente. Drain.
- Melt Butter, Flour, Mustard Powder, and Onion Powder in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add Milk a little at a time whisking after each addition. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cubed Velveeta and continue stirring until melted and creamy. Remove from heat and add Sharp Cheddar. Stir in Macaroni.
- Spread Macaroni into a baking dish. Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 20 minutes or until hot and crumbs are golden.
Freeze in an air-tight container for up to 2 months. When reheating, add a splash of milk and an extra pinch of salt and pepper to wake up the flavors.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved