31 October, 2021
Chicken Noodle SoupPosted in : Soups on by : MikeZ
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Quick and Simple. Great for a Cold Winter's Day. May even cure the Common Cold.Difficulty: Easy
- 6 Qt. Soup Pot
- 2 lbs Boneless/Skinless Chicken THIGHS - Chopped to medium Bite Size Pieces
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Boxes of Chicken Broth - 32 oz. each
- 2 Whole Carrots - Chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery - Chopped
- ½ whole Medium Onion - Diced (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp White Pepper - more To Taste
- ¼ tsp Ground Thyme
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 lbs Frozen Egg Noodles
- 3 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
- Chop Boneless/Skinless Chicken THIGHS into Bite Sized Pieces to suit your preference. Do not remove fat at this time. It will cook off when you sear the pieces.
- In a 6 Quart Soup Pot, add Oil and Chicken. On Medium-High Heat, quickly sear Chicken on all sides and remove from pot with a slotted spoon. Do not crowd pieces. Sear in batches if necessary. If there is a lot of fat remaining in pot, you may drain it at this time but you need some for cooking Onions.
- Add Onions to pot, reduce heat to medium and saute until Onions are clear and soft. Add Celery, Carrots and 2 Boxes of Broth. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Chicken and remaining Broth, followed by the herbs and spices. Stir to combine and simmer for ten minutes to meld flavors.
- Increase heat and add Frozen Egg Noodles. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- For a thicker Broth, separately mix Flour into 1/4 Cup cold water until blended smooth, then add to pot. Broth will thicken in 5 to 10 minutes.
May be Frozen and reheated in Microwave after thawing.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved