31 October, 2021
Beer Braised Cabbage with BaconPosted in : Sides on by : MikeZ
Beer Braised Cabbage with Bacon
Best Cabbage side dish ever. Full Flavored and an excellent pairing for Pork or Ham.Difficulty: Easy
- Large, Heavy Pan or Dutch Oven
- 6 slices Bacon - Thick Cut
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion - Chopped
- Medium Green Cabbage - About 2 pounds
- 12 oz. Beer - Lager or light in color
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Slice Onion into strips. Quarter Cabbage, core & slice into slaw style strips.
- Heat a large, heavy pan or Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add Bacon and cook until almost crisp, turning as needed, 5 to 6 minutes in all. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Add Onions and saute for 5 minutes or until golder brown.
- Add Cabbage, toss occasionally, until the Cabbage begins to wilt and is well mixed with Onions.
- Add Beer, partially cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 30 minutes or until the Cabbage is tender and the liquid is evaporated.
- Crumble the Bacon and stir into the Cabbage. Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
Serve Hot or Warm. Excellent side for Pork or Ham.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved