24 January, 2022
Beef StewPosted in : Beef, Soups on by : MikeZ
Simple recipe with outstanding results. Rich, deep flavor with a stick-to-your-ribs quality that's sure to be your go-to recipe for cold winter days.
- 8 Quart Stew Pot
- 1 ½ lbs. Beef Tri Tips - (1/2″ x 3/4″ Cubes) Well Marbled
- 2 Pkg Frozen Soup Veggies - 12 oz. each
- 1 Pkg Frozen Whole Kernel Corn - 12 oz.
- 1 Can Petite Diced Tomatoes - 14 1/2 oz
- 4 Large Idaho Potatoes - Diced 1/2" Cubes
- 3 Large White Onions - Quartered
- 1 Box Beef Broth - 32 oz
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Hungarian Paprika
- 4 Tbsp. Corn Starch - mixed with 1/2 Cup Water to thicken
- 2 tsp. Gravy Master - for color
- Peel and Cube Potatoes
- Peel and quarter Onions.
- Add Oil to Stew Pot
- Sauté Onions. Stir to break up quarters into individual pieces.
- Cube Beef and add to pot. Cover.
- Simmer 15 Minutes on Medium Heat until Beef is pink.
- Remove Okra from Veggies (My personal prefernce)
- Add Beef Broth & Potatoes to Pot, Bring to Boil.
- Add Corn and Veggies. Cover and reduce to steady simmer for 1 hour. Potatoes should be fork tender.
- Mix Corn Starch with 1/2 cup warm tap water. Stir vigorously to insure Corn Starch is dissolved. Add Gravy Master to glass and stir well. Add to pot and mix to blend thoroughly.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes to thicken.
“Best Beef Stew I ever made.” Mike ~ 1/10/15
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved