24 January, 2022
Chicken PiccataPosted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
Classic Piccata with mushrooms! A Sunday dinner family favorite.
- 1 Large Skillet
- 2 Shllow Bowls
- ½ cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 6 Chicken Breasts - boneless-skinless
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- ½ lb. fresh Mushrooms - sliced
- ¼ cup Onion - chopped
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup White Wine
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Lemon - Sliced for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley - chopped for garnish
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together Flour, Salt, and Paprika. In a separate dish or bowl, mix together Egg and Milk. Dip the Chicken pieces in seasoned flour, then in the egg mixture, and then again in the seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet, heat Butter over medium-high heat.
- Sauté Chicken pieces until lightly golden brown on all sides.
- Add Mushrooms and Onion and sauté for additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the Broth, Wine, Lemon Juice, and Cornstarch. Mix together and pour mixture over Chicken and Mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium low and let Chicken mixture simmer for 25 minutes or until Chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved