27 January, 2022
Sweet & SourPosted in : Chicken, Pork, Seafood on by : MikeZ
Sweet & Sour
Wonderful and tangy! Better and easier than your Local Chinese Take-out. The Sauce may be used for Pork, Chicken, or Shrimp. The recipe below features Pork.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Skillet
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops - Thin
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 can Pineapple Chunks - 20 ½ oz. (Reserve Liquid)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Green Bell Pepper - cut into chunks
- 1 Medium Onion - sliced
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup White Vinegar
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir in the water, vinegar, soy sauce, and reserved juice until smooth and free of any lumps.
- Slice Pork into strips. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork and onion in oil for 4-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir pineapple juice mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add green pepper and reserved pineapple. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Peppers should be warm but still firm. Serve over rice.
Shared by Sandi Zets – January 27, 2022 Chicken or Shrimp may be substituted for the Pork. Add Semese Seeds as a garnish, if desired.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved