29 November, 2021
Spanish RicePosted in : Sides on by : MikeZ
A quick, delicious side dish that's as easy to make as cooking a pot of rice using chicken broth, tomato sauce, and seasonings.Difficulty: Beginner
- Medium Saucepan with lid
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup chicken broth - see note
- 1 cup tomato sauce - see note
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup diced fresh tomatoes - seeded & drained (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt together olive oil and butter. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 to 3 minutes, until rice is toasted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir well, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. (See note)
- Remove from heat, leave covered, and allow to rest for a few minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and serve.
Follow the directions on your rice for the amount of liquid to use per 1 cup of rice and how long to cook. Split that liquid amount 50-50 (water & tomato sauce). Tend toward more chicken broth and less tomato sauce.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved