19 January, 2023
Potatoes – Creamy Hash BrownsPosted in : Sides on by : MikeZ
Potatoes – Creamy Hash Brown
A delicious side dish for Beef, Chicken, Ham or Pork.Difficulty: Beginner
- 4 – 5 Qt. Slow Cooker
- 1 can 10.75 oz. Cream of Chicken Soup - undiluted
- 1 can 10.75 oz. Cream of Mushroom Soup, - undiluted
- 3 Tbsp. Butter - melted
- 2 Lbs. Potatoes - Julienned
- 2 cups Mild Cheddar Cheese - Shredded
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Fresh Parsley - Chopped Fine for garnish
- Spray slow cooker cooking spray.
- Combine the soups and butter in cooker. Stir in potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes more until heated through.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar and minced fresh parsley.
You may substitute a 30 oz. package of Frozen Hash Browns (thawed) for the potatoes but freshly peeled and julienned are best. Peel and julienné potatoes just prior to use. Otherwise, they will oxidize (rust) and discolor. To make this a full dinner meal, add a cubed protein of your choice. (Ham goes especially well.} For some extra Mexican zing, add some hot sauce and a small can of diced green chilies.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved