12 October, 2021
Potato Salad – GermanPosted in : Salads, Sides on by : MikeZ
Potato Salad – German
A simple and easy-to-fix side dish to compliment almost any BBQ or luncheon main dish.Difficulty: Beginner
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Pot
- 5 Potatoes
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Celery - chopped
- ½ cup Onion - chopped
- ½ cup Sweet Pickle Relish
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 tablespoon dry Mustard
- ground Black Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, peel, and chop.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat. Let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel, and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper, and mayonnaise. Mix well. Then gently mix in potatoes and chopped eggs. Refrigerate until chilled.
Serve when chilled. A sprinkle of Paprika on a scoop is a great finishing touch.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved