18 November, 2022
Potato Salad – SouthernPosted in : Salads, Sides on by : MikeZ
Potato Salad – Southern
Creamy and delicious old fashioned Southern style potato salad with a tangy mayonnaise mustard dressing.Difficulty: Easy
- Medium Pot for Potatoes
- Medium SaucePan to boil Eggs
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 4-5 Russet Potatoes - medium to large
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs - chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion - diced
- 1 tsp. Yellow Mustard
- 6 oz. Dill Pickle Cubes - (1/2 small jar)
- 1 Tbsp. Pickle Juice
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Paprika - for garnish
- Peel and dice Potatoes. Then boil with a dash of salt in the water until tender when a fork is inserted.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water until they float. Bring water to a boil; cover, and remove from heat. Let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool in an ice water bath, peel, and chop.
- Add potatoes and eggs to a large bowl along with the pickles, pickle juice, salt, pepper, and diced onion. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and mustard then add to the bowl of other ingredients. Mix well.
- Taste test. Add more Mayo to suit consistancy.Add a few dashes of paprika to garnish, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved