14 November, 2022
Tuna Noodle CasserolePosted in : Pasta, Seafood on by : MikeZ
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tuna tossed with noodles and veggies in a creamy sauce then baked until bubbling with crunchy onion topping.Difficulty: Easy
- 9" x 13" Baking Dish
- Small Frying Pan to sauté Chopped Onions
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup - (10.75 ounce)
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Cooked Vegetables - peas/green beans/corn (optional)
- 1 Small Onion - chopped fine
- 1 can Chunk White Tuna (in Water) - 9 oz. drained and flaked
- 2 cups Cooked Egg Noodles - hot & drained
- 2 Tbsp. Roasted Red Peppers - rinsed & chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 cup French’s Fried Onions - for topping
- ½ cup Medium Cheddar Cheese - Shredded for topping
- Cook Noodles per package until al denté. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sauté Onions until translucent in butter.
- Mix all ingredients (except Fried Onions & Cheese) in the baking dish.
- Cover with Foil and Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove Foil. Sprinkle with Cheese and then Fried Onions as topping. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Watch carefully so noodles don't burn.
Substitute whatever cooked vegetables you like or omit them altogether. Substitute Chicken or Turkey for the Tuna or omit for Vegan. This works with your choice of Cream of Celery or Chicken instead of Mushroom soup. Use whatever is handy.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved