28 January, 2022
Peppers and OnionsPosted in : Misc, Pork, Sides on by : MikeZ
Peppers and Onions
A fabulous combination of sweet red peppers and sweet red onions. Perfect over Sausages, Steaks, or Pork Chops.Difficulty: Beginner
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- 2 Red & Yellow Bell Pepper - cut into strips
- 2 Red or Sweet White Onions - cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Butter
- ¼ cup Red Wine - (Optional)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Dried Basil
- In a hot saucepan over medium heat, combine Red Peppers, Onion, Oil, and Butter; sauté for 2 minutes. Cover, Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the Onions and Peppers soften – approximately 5 Minutes.
- If using Wine, uncover and add Wine into the vegetables. Sauté until the Wine evaporates; approximately 30 Minutes.
- Season to taste with Salt, Pepper, and Basil.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved