16 February, 2023
Onion Rings – Air FryerPosted in : Sides on by : MikeZ
Air Fryer Onion Rings
Panko Breaded Onion Rings are a fabulous side but making deep fried onion rings is messy and time consuming! Air fried onion rings are fast and easy to make without the mess.Difficulty: Easy
- Air Fryer
- 2 Medium Mixing Bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Large Sweet Onion - Vidalia or Maui
- ½ cup AP Flour
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Paprika
- 1 ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 Lg. Egg
- 1 ½ cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- EVOO Cooking Spray
- Peel and slice onion into rings. Set aside.
- Add the flour, garlic, paprika, and salt to a medium bowl. Mix together.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg.
- In a large bowl, add the panko bread crumbs.
- Dip an onion ring in the flour, then the egg, then panko, pressing crumbs firmly in place. Place into air fryer basket. Spray with cooking spray. Don't overcrowd. Work in batches, if necessary.
- Cook in the air fryer at 360 degrees for 6 min. flipping halfway through. (See Note) – Spray again with EVOO.
- Repeat until all are prepped and fried!
For extra Crispy Rings, double-dip them. (Flour –> egg, then flour –> egg again, and finally into the Panko.) Air Fryers vary in size and power. Adjust batch sizes and cook time to suit your Fryer.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved