14 February, 2023
Chicken Cordon BleuPosted in : Chicken, Pork on by : MikeZ
Chicken Cordon Bleu
A simply delicious Dinner that comes together quickly and is super easy to make.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Muffin Tin non-stick
- 6 Chicken Breast Halves - 4-ounce boneless, skinless
- 6 slices Ham - 1 oz. each
- ½ cup Shredded Swiss cheese - 2 oz.
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Bread Crumbs
- ⅛ tsp. Paprika
Creamy Mustard Sauce
- 2 tsp. Butter
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ⅓ cup Shredded Parmesan
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Between 2 pieces of wax paper or plastic film, firmly pound the chicken to 1/4" thickness. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place a slice of ham on top of the chicken. Evenly sprinkle with cheese and roll up tightly, tucking in the sides.
- Place the rolls seam side down in the cups of the muffin tin. Sprinkle with paprika. and then with bread crumbs, patting the crumbs to insure they stick.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, 165° F. with a digital thermometer. Serve immediately. Drizzle on a bit of Mustard Sauce if desired.
Mustard Sauce (Optional)
- Over medium-low heat in a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the parmesan cheese and stir constantly until melted. 2-3 minutes.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, Worchestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and blend together.
- Bring to a low simmer for an additional minute until the sauce is heated through. Thickens upon standing.
Pairs well with a dry White Wine – Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved