31 October, 2021
Mac & Cheese – BakedPosted in : Sides on by : MikeZ
Oven Baked Mac & Cheese
Hot and totally delicious. Topped with Panko, it's an all time winner in your kitchen.Difficulty: Easy
- 9" x 13" Glaass Cassarole Dish
- 2 Qt. Sauce Pan
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 4 cups Macaroni - Uncooked
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion - Diced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Paprika
- 3 cups Milk
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese - shredded
- 4 cups Cheddar Cheese - shredded
- Cooking Spray - for Casserole & Foil
- Panko Bread Crumbs - Optional Topping
- Preheat Oven to 350°F
- Cook the Macaroni until al dente. Do not overcook it. Drain well and place in a lightly greased*, 9" x 13" glass casserole dish. (*Use Cooking Spray)
- Melt Butter, Milk, Mozzarella Cheese, and 3 cups of the Cheddar Cheese in a 2 Quart Sauce Pan. Heat just enough to melt ingredients. Add Onion, Salt, Pepper, and Paprika.
- Mix Eggs in a bowl first and then fold into mixture being careful to NOT cook eggs in hot sauce mixture. Pour over macaroni and stir.
- Spray Aluminum Foil Sheet with Cooking Spray on the side that will be against food.
- Cover with aluminum foil (sprayed side toward Mac) and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and add last cup of Cheddar Cheese across the top. Continue baking uncovered for another 15 minutes. Let top crisp/brown as desired. You really can't overcook. Use a knife to test for doneness. It should not be runny on the bottom.
- Remove from Oven and sprinkle with Panko Bread Crumbs
- Let rest for an additional 10 minutes to thicken.
Refrigerate leftovers. Does not freeze well.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved