31 October, 2021
Easter Bread with LemonPosted in : Bread on by : MikeZ
Easter Bread with Lemon
A delightful treat on Easter morning. Nothing beats the smell of this bread baking on Saturday morning in time for the Blessing of Easter Baskets.Difficulty: Medium
Servings 5 Loaves
- Mixer with Dough Hook
- Baking Sheets & Parchment Paper
- 2 Pkgs Dry Yeast
- ½ cup Water - warm
- 1 box Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 2 cups Water
- 5 ½ cups Flour
- Powdered Sugar + splash of Milk - for final icing
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ cup slightly warm Water with Yeast. Blend well and set aside.
- In mixer, separately combine 2 cups Water with Lemon Cake Mix.
- Blend well and then add Yeast mixture. Let Stand.
- Switch to dough hook and gradually add flour.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Remove bowl from mixer. Cover with clean towel.
- Let rise until doubled in size. (About an hour.)
- Punch down and divide into 15 equal parts.
- Roll each part into 9” long rope on floured surface.
- Braid 3 ropes into a single loaf to make 5 loaves total
- Bake @ 350°F for 35 min (Parchment Paper makes life easier.)
- Allow to cool slightly
- Drizzle with Powdered Sugar & Milk Icing
Recipe by Liz Yanelli Shreckengost – March 9, 2021
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved