12 November, 2021
Haluski IIPosted in : Sides on by : MikeZ
Cabbage and Noodles
A delicious Side Dish to pair with just about any meat entre'. Preps in minutes and enough to feed even the hungriest troup.Difficulty: Easy
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- Large Soup Pot
- Large Colander
- 1 lb Bacon - Thick Cut
- 1 large Cabbage - Chopped
- 1 large Sweet Onion - Sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic - Minced
- Tbsp. Seasoned salt
- ½ tsp. Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 bag Egg Noodles
- 1 stick Butter
- Boil the Noodles per package directions until soft in the Soup Pot. Drain.
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Then transfer to a plate with a paper towel to drain. Discard all but about 2 Tbsps. of the grease OR freeze the excess in plastic ice cube trays for another recipe.
- In the same pan, melt the butter. Add Garlic, Salt and Pepper. Stir to blend. Don't burn the mixture.
- Add the onions and slowly fry until just soft.
- Add cabbage, cover, and gently fry until cabbage is wilted and onions are translucent.
- Add Noodles and stir to combine.
Exactly how much Garlic and/or Butter you use is a matter of personal taste. Some omit the Garlic altogether, while others add extra Butter to make this dish an even bigger Heart Attack bomb. Shared by Cassandra Renee November 19, 2019
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved