12 November, 2021
Cookies – PizzellesComments : 1 Posted in : Cookies on by : MikeZ
(Also perfect Cannoli Recipe)
A Holiday Favorite in every Italian household. Easy to make in very large quantities and eaten almost faster than the iron will pop them out.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 6 Dozen
- Electric Double Pizzelle Maker
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wire Rack
- 6 Eggs
- 4 cups AP Flour
- 1 ⅓ cups Sugar
- 3 tsp. Baking POWDER
- ¼ bottle Anise
- 1 Tbsp. Oil of Anise
- 1 Cup Margerine - Melted & Cooled but not Solid
- Heat Pizzlle Maker
- Beat Eggs and Sugar
- Add Margarine and Anise, stirring to combine.
- Slowly add Flour until the consistancy of thick Pancake batter
- Using 2 soup spoons, drop a Tablespoon of batter on each side of the Maker.
- Close and Press to quickly squeeze batter across Pizzelle cavities.
- Bake until Pizzelles are a Very Light Brown (about 25 – 30 seconds per pair)
- Using a fork, quickly remove pizzelles from Maker and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with Confectioner's Sugar before serving.
Store in an air-tight container. Pizzelles may be frozen for several months. Secret Tip: Roll a Pizzelle over a Cannoli Tool while it’s still warm from the iron and you have a perfect Cannoli to fill.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved