5 December, 2022
Cabbage – Fried with BaconPosted in : Pork, Sides on by : MikeZ
Fried Cabbage with Bacon
Seasoned Cabbage with Bacon sautéd w/ Onions & Garlic (aka Vyprážaná Kapusta) Difficulty: Beginner
- Large Covered Frying Pan
- 1 Large Head Cabbage - Cored and Sliced
- 6 Slices Thick Bacon - Chopped
- 1 Large Onion - Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ⅛ tsp. Paprika
- Salt - To Taste
- Fry Bacon over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion caramelizes; about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage and continue to cook another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes Add water if too dry during simmer.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved