6 December, 2022
Chicken CarbonaraPosted in : Chicken, Pasta, Turkey on by : MikeZ
Rich, velvety smooth Cream Sauce with Chicken or Turkey.Difficulty: Medium
- Dutch Oven or Large Frying Pan
- Medium Pot for pasta
- 5 strips Thick Bacon - cooked and diced.
- 2 Chicken Breasts - Shredded
- 8 oz. Pasta
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- ¾ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic - minced
- 3 Tbsp. AP Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Cook pasta until al denté per package directions. Drain.
- Cook Bacon strips in a large frying pan, remove from pan, and set aside.
- Cut chicken into strips, lengthwise. (It will be shreded before adding to sauce.)
- Add butter to pan and sauté chicken until just cooked through. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon, set aside, and cover with foil to keep hot.
- Saute Garlic in the same pan.
- Add milk, heavy cream, chicken broth, and flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Simmer on low until it thickens whisking continuously.
- Add Parmesan and whisk until it melts completely. (If the sauce gets too thick, add in a little more chicken broth.)
- Add the pasta and toss to cover completely.
- Sprinkle in the parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Cut/shred chicken, chop bacon, and add to pan.
- Toss until well covered with sauce. Serve Hot.
Fettuccini, Linguini, or Bowtie Pasta works best in this recipe. This is perfect for left-over Chicken or Turkey.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved