25 November, 2021
Bolognese Sauce – AmericanPosted in : Sauces on by : MikeZ
Bolognese Sauce – American
Classic Italian Meat Sauce – American Style.Difficulty: Easy
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- Large Saucepan with Cover
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 slices Bacon - cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large Onion - minced
- 1 clove Garlic - minced
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef - lean
- ½ Lb. Ground Pork
- ½ Lb. Fresh Mushrooms - sliced
- 2 Carrots - shredded
- 1 stalk Celery - chopped
- 1 can Italian Plum Tomatoes - (28 ounce)
- 6 oz. Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup Wine - Merlot
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- ½ tsp. Dried Basil
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat and sauté Bacon, Onion and Garlic until Bacon is browned and crisp; set aside.
- In large saucepan, brown Beef and Pork. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in Bacon mix, Mushrooms, Carrots, Celery, Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Wine, Stock, Basil, Oregano, Salt and Pepper to saucepan.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
This is a quick-cooking variation of the traditional Italian Bolognese Sauce which is creamier, made with milk or cream to a lighter consistency than this sauce.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved