25 September, 2023
Potato Salad – EasyPosted in : Salads, Sides on by : MikeZ
German Potato Salad
An authentic German Potato Salad that's perfect for your next gathering.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl for dry ingredients
- Large Pot to boil potatoes
- Medium Skillet
- 6 Medium Potatos - Russet or Red
- 6 slices Smoked Bacon - Thick Cut
- ¾ cups Yellow Onion - chopped fine
- 1 cup Water
- ⅓ cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp. Celery Seeds
- 1 tsp. Salt
- dash Pepper
- Peel & Cube Potatoes. Place in a large pot and cover with at least 2" of water. Then boil until fork tender. Drain and place in large bowl to cool.
- Dice Onion and set aside for later.
- In a small bowl, combined Cornstarch, Sugar, Celery Seeds, Salt, and Pepper. Stir until well mixed
- Chop Bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp in a medium saucepan. Remove to paper towels and crumble when cooled.
- Add diced Onions to Bacon grease in saucepan and sauté until tender.
- Sprinkle dry ingredients over Onions. Stir to evenly distribute.
- Add Water & Vinegar. Stir constantly to thicken.
- Add Potatoes and Bacon. Then carefully stir until well coated.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved