10 November, 2021
PanzellaPosted in : Salads on by : MikeZ
An all-time Italian favorite that's quick to make and is so visually appealing. Your next dinner will be the talk of the town when it begins with this salad.Difficulty: Easy
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Small jar with sealing lid
- 1 loaf Very Crusty Italian Bread OR Unseasoned Croutons
- 1 English Cucumber - Halved, Seeded And Sliced
- 6 Assorted Tomatoes - Cut Into Wedges
- ½ Red Onion - Very Thinly Sliced
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt And Pepper
- 25 Basil Leaves - Chiffonade (more To Taste)
- Parmesan Cheese Shavings
- Preheat Oven to 275°F
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes, arrange on a baking sheet, drizzle lightly with olive oil, and bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly crisp without browning. Remove it from the oven and allow to cool.
- Or simply use strore-bought Unseasoned Croutons
- In a large bowl, combine bread, cucumber, tomatoes, and onion.
- In a small jar, shake together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the salad ingredients, tossing gently.
- Add basil and Parmesan shavings and toss again. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for an hour or two before serving.
- Sprinkle with more salt and pepper and serve.
Shared by Lori Sanders – February 17, 2020
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved