10 November, 2021
Chicken Pot PiePosted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
Chicken Pot Pie
Nothing beats the flavor and richness of this Homemade Pot Pie.Difficulty: Easy
- 9" Glass Pie Pan
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- ⅓ cup Butter
- ⅓ cup Onion - chopped fine
- ⅓ cup AP Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp White Pepper
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cup Milk
- 2 cups Boneless Chicken Thighs - Chopped to bite sized pieces
- 1 can Peas & Carrots - 14 ½ oz,
- ½ can Whole New Potatos - Half of 15 oz. can – drained
- 1 pkg Pie Crust - Yields Top and Bottom Crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Melt Butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir Onion, Flour, Salt, and Pepper in melted butter until the Onion is translucent about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and pour Chicken Broth and Milk into the skillet; bring the mixture to a low boil and cook to thicken slightly about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir Chicken, Peas & Carrots, and Potatoes into the broth mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Let pie cool and the filling thicken at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
Shared by Pat Tucci – February 10, 2020
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved