10 November, 2021
Pie – BlackberryPosted in : Desserts on by : MikeZ
A simply delicious Pie that's quick and easy to throw together and pop into the oven any afternoon. A real Family treat.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 8 slices
- 9" Pie Pan (Glass is preferred)
- Rolling Pin
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Medium SaucePan
- 1 pkg Pie Crusts - Top & Bottom in one box
- 4 cups Blackberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- Mix berries with lemon juice , sugar and butter .
- Use a medium saucepan over low heat to incorporate ingredients and tighten up the juice . Add the flour and stir to break any lumps.
- Preheat ven to 400°F
- Fold one crust in half and then fold again into fourths, Place in the Pie Pan and unfold. Press into pan and trim excess from edges with sharp knife.
- Pour filling into bottom pie crust and dot with a tiny bit of butter.
- Wet the edge of the bottom crust ith water and add the top crust. Crimp the crust edges together with your fingers to make ripple effect. Cut 3 or 4 slits in top crust for ventelation.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes, then reduce temp to 350°F and bake for another 45-50 minutes
- Let cool and refrigerate.
Shared by Lori Sanders – March 5, 2020
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved