25 December, 2022
Shrimp CarbonaraPosted in : Chicken, Pasta, Seafood on by : MikeZ
Simply divine Shrimp Carbonara over Linguini. Light and tasty with buttery Pasta and succulent Shrimp. Difficulty: Easy
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Large Skillet
- 1 to 1½ Lbs. Shrimp - 16 to 20 count per pound
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- ½ Lb. Linguini - al d/enté
- 8 slices Bacon - thick sliced, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet Onion - minced
- 1 Tbsp. Green Onions - chopped
- 1 clove Garlic - minced
- 2 Lg. Egg Yolks
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese - shredded
- Black Pepper - to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside Reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings in the pan. Chop bacon into large pieces.
- Cook Paste according to package directions to al dente.
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel, then salt and pepper both sides. Cook shrimp for 1 minute on each side in the bacon grease. Remove to a plate.
- Add sweet onion to the pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine cream, egg yolks, and cheese. Mix well.
- Add pasta and cream mixture to the pan with garlic and onions. Toss and stir. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until egg ylks arescook and cheese is melted.
- Add green onions, bacon, and shrimp to pan and heat through.
- Serve hot.
Also works well with Cubed, Cooked Chicken. Just warm the chicken before adding it in place of the shrimp.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved