26 December, 2022
Cookies – Chocolate ChipPosted in : Cookies on by : MikeZ
Chocolate Chip Cookies
The BEST soft chocolate chip cookies! No chilling required. Just ultra thick, soft, classic chocolate chip cookies!Difficulty: Beginner
Servings 12 Cookies
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 8 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar - Packed
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ Cups AP Flour - 6.75 Ounces – BY WEIGHT
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Microwave the butter to just barely melt it.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter with the sugars until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and the egg; beat on low speed until just incorporated – 10-15 seconds. DO NOT OVER BEAT.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until crumbles form.
- Press the crumbles together into a dough ball and add the chocolate chips, incorporating by hand.
- Roll the dough into 12 large balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the cookies look puffy and dry and just barely golden. DO NOT OVERBAKE. They should be pale and puffy.
- Cool on the pan for 30 minutes. The cookies will slump and turn into dense, buttery, soft cookies.
These should stay soft for many days if kept in an airtight container. They may also be frozen. Just barely melt the butter. It should be liquid but NOT HOT. WEIGH the flour – don’t just use a measuring cup. Not enough flour gives flat, lifeless cookies – too much gives puff balls instead of cookies. DO NOT OVERBEAT the egg. Too long and cookies will be stiff. MONITOR carefully for doneness. Remove from oven when they are just starting to turn LIGHT Brown. Divide into 9 instead of 12 cookies for truly awesome size.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved