24 February, 2022
Fish – Beer BatterPosted in : Seafood on by : MikeZ
Beer Batter Fish Air Fryer
A Friday Favorite. Enjoy the light, crisp beer batter breading along with Fries and Cole Slaw.Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Medium Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- 1 ½ lbs Cod
- 6 oz Light Beer
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Garlic Salt
- ¼ tsp Onion Salt
- Preheat Air Fryer to 390° F.
- Lightly spray Air Fryer with cooking oil.
- Cut fish into fillets about 3" to 4" long.
- Mix 1 cup of flour, corn starch, baking soda, egg and beer in a medium size bowl.
- Mix the rest of the flour and the paprika, onion powder and garlic powder in another bowl.
- Dip the fish fillets into the beer batter, then into the flour.
- Shake off excess flour and place fillets on perforated Parchment Paper in Air Fryer. (Makes for easier clean up.)
- Bake in preheated Air Fryer at 390° F. for 12-14 minutes (flipping half way), or until the batter coating is golden. (See Note 1.)
- Air Fryers vary in size and intensity, Monitor your fish frequently to insure it cooks but does NOT burn.
- Walleye, Cod, Tilapia, or any light fish will work.
- Add more beer or flour to adjust for too dry or too wet.
- This makes a lot of batter – enough to dredge all of the fillets with batter leftover.
- Use 1 ½” – 2″ of Corn Oil at 375°F in a pan.
- Deep Fry for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on Paper Towels over wire rack.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved