1 November, 2021
Sausage, Peppers & OnionsPosted in : Pork on by : MikeZ
Italian Sausage, Peppers & Onions
Here's an all time favorite whether you're Italian or not. Grill them over charcoal or in a cast iron, ribbed skillet on the stove-top. Your choice of Mild, Medium or Hot sausage. Difficulty: Easy
- Large Frying Pan
- Charcoal Grill or Ribbed Cast Iron Skillet
- 5 Sausage Links - Mild, Medium, or Hot
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic - crushed
- 1 each Red, Green, and Yellow Bell Peppers - small – julienned
- ½ Onion - medium – julienned
- ½ tsp Basil - ground
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (Italian) - 14.5 oz.
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese - shredded
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- 5 Hoagie Buns
- Grill Sausage or pan fry. Keep warm. (Optional – Bias-slice after cooking)
- In a large frying pan add Olive Oil and Garlic — sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add Peppers and Onions to Oil and sauté for about 2 minutes until crisp and tender.
- Add Diced Tomatoes (do not drain) and Sausage, then sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add a Sausage link, Pepper, and Onions to Bun.Top with Cheese.
Reminiscent of what DiRusso’s sold each year at the Canfield Fair.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved