10 December, 2022
Potato & Sausage BakePosted in : Pork on by : MikeZ
Potato & Sausage Bake
Francúzske Zemiaky (French Potato & Sausage Casserole) layers potatoes, kielbasa, and hard-boiled eggs in a cream and egg ‘custard’, with a little cheese on top at the end.Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Medium Mixing Bowl
- 9" x 13" Glass Casserole
- 2 lb Potatoes
- 5 Eggs - hard-boiled
- 1 lb Kielbasa
- 1½ cup Whipping Cream
- 3 Eggs - raw
- ½ cup Mild White Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice hard-boiled eggs, kolbasa, and potatoes thinly into rounds.
- Grease 9"x13" pan. Arrange potatoes as first layer, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then layer egg, and then kielbasa. Repeat the layering again (potato, salt/pepper, egg, kielbasa), and finish with a layer of potato on top.
- Mix raw eggs and cream with ½ tsp salt. Pour over the casserole.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until potatoes in the middle are soft.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese (as much or little as you like) and put in the oven again until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Allow cheese to set (5 minutes), then cut and serve.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved