11 December, 2022
Potatoes, Bacon & SauerkrautPosted in : Pork, Sides on by : MikeZ
Potatoes, Bacon & Sauerkraut (Strapacky)
Slovak or Hungarian in origin, this side dish is simple to prepare but packed with tons of flavor.Difficulty: Beginner
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet with sides greased
- 2 lbs Potatoes - cubed
- 1 ½ cups Bacon - chopped
- 2 cups Sauerkraut *
- Salt - to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Peel and cube potatoes and mix with chopped bacon.
- Roughly chop the sauerkraut to 2" lengths and add to the potatoes. Toss to combine.
- Spread out on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 min or until potatoes are soft and golden, stirring/flipping every 15 min. with spatula.
- Serve hot.
* This is a mild version for those who like but do not love kraut. Add more kraut for real kraut lovers.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved