2 November, 2023
Wings – Air Fryer IIPosted in : Chicken, Sauces, Spices on by : MikeZ
Chicken Wings – Air Fryer II
The best and crispiest wings ever! And gluten free!Difficulty: Easy
Servings 4 people
- 1 8 Qt. Air Fryer (1700 Watts) Large capacity – 9" Basket
- Sealable Plastic Bag Gallon Size
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 lbs. Chicken Wings - Drums and Flats
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Cornstarch - for Crispyness
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400 F°
- Separate wings into drums and flats. Discard tips. Be sure they are defrosted. Pat them completely dry. Dry = Crispy.
- Place all spices in a plastic storage bag, seal, and toss to combine.
- Place the wings in a bowl and in drizzle olive oil.
- Transfer oiled wings to the bag, seal, and toss to completely coat the wings.
- Put wings into the Fryer basket in a single layer (See note) and cook for 14 minutes, flipping halfway through.
To get the most wings into the basket at once, place drumettes vertically, leaning against the basket sides. These Wings are usually sold in a package of 14 – 16 full wings. I separate them into Drummettes & Flats (discarding the tips) and freeze them in two batches of 7 – 8 Wings. This 1`recipe is for ONE batch of 7-8 three-piece wings. Beware: Air Fryers vary in size and power. Carefully monitor the doneness of the wings the first few times you make these and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Serve hot, as is, or with your choice of BBQ sauce, Ranch dressing, Hot sauce, etc. They’re great with Ranch Dressing for dipping. If the wings are large, make two batches. Don’t like garlic? (It’s very mild.) Substitute regular Salt for the Garlic Salt.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved