25 December, 2021
Chicken TetrazziniPosted in : Chicken, Pasta, Turkey on by : MikeZ
Whether it's made with Chicken or Turkey, this casserole is sure to please the pickiest tastes.Difficulty: easy
- 9" x 13" Lasagna Pan
- 12” Skillet with Deep Sides
- 3 cups Left-over Chicken or Turkey - Chopped
- ½ Lb. Mushrooms - Sautéed
- ½ Lb. Cooked Linguini - Drained
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Almonds - Slivered
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. AP Flour
- ⅛ tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Chicken or Turkey Broth
- 1 cup Cream
- ⅓ cup Dry White Wine
- Paprika (Optional) - to taste
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Boil Linguini in salted water until al Dente' – Drain.
- In a Large Pan, melt Butter. Sauté Mushrooms until just starting to crisp at edges.
- Add Flour, Salt, Pepper, and Nutmeg. Stir until smooth.
- Add Broth and Cream. Cook until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add Wine, Linguini, and Turkey. Stir.
- Pour into a greased Casserole and sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
- Sprinkle lightly with Paprika
- Bake for 45 Minutes.
Shared by Sandi Zets – December 25, 2021 Contrary to popular legend, Tetrazzini is NOT Italian but is named after an American Opera Singer named Louisa Tetrazzini.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved