23 December, 2021
Cheese Dip – PimentoPosted in : Appetizers, Misc, Sauces on by : MikeZ
Pimento Cheese Dip
Great as a dip on Chips or Veggies, added to Deviled Eggs or even schmeered on Hot Dogs or Burgers.Difficulty: Beginner
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 3 cups cream cheese - softened
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion flakes
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup pimentos (roasted red peppers) - chopped
- ½ cup juice from jar of roasted peppers
- ½ cup cold water
- In a mixer, cream together mayonnaise, cream cheese, onion flakes, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then add chopped pimentos. Continue to blend slowly to create a creamy mixture.
- Slowly add freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese while mixing on low to medium alternately with pimento juice.
Using freshly grated cheese requires less moisture than bagged grated cheese. More water may be needed for the desired texture of pimento cheese.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved