7 June, 2023
Chicken – Sweet and SourPosted in : Chicken, Pork on by : MikeZ
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Air Fryer Sweet and Sour Chicken, battered and healthy, in a traditional sauce that's sure to please everyone.Difficulty: Easy
- Air Fryer
- Small Sauce Pan
- Large Skillet
- Small Bowl
- 4 Oz. Chicken
- ½ Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1/16 tsp. Salt
- 1/16 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/16 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/16 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1½ Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- ½ Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Ketchup
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ⅛ cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Cold Water
- 1 tsp. Corn Starch
- 1 Med Sweet White Onion - Coarsly chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper - Coarsely chopped
- 2 Carrots - sliced
- ½ cup Pineapple Chunks - drained
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium/low heat. Bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken up into bite-size pieces, (1″ x 1″)
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place cornstarch in a gallon plastic bag, add the chicken seasonings, and shake together. Add chicken pieces to the bag and shake to thouroughly coat all pieces.
- Place coated chicken in the air fryer. Do not over-crowd. Make several batches if needed.
- Spray with cooking oil, and fry for 8 minute. Shake and spray again halfway through.
- Chop the vegetables into bite sized pieces and sauté in a medium pan until slightly soft.
- Combine slurry ingredients in a small bowl, stirring to remove any clumps.
- When the sauce has finished simmering, slowly add the slurry to thicken to your liking.
- Finally, add chicken and vegetables to the pan with the sauce and toss to evenly coat.
Skinless/boneless Thighs are best suited but Breast meat or chicken tenderloins also work. Chicken should reach 165°F. Pork is safe and tender at 145°F. Substitute thick, boneless Pork Chops for a great variation.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved