3 June, 2023
Rum BallsPosted in : Appetizers, Cookies, Desserts on by : MikeZ
No Bake bite-sized balls of goodness rolled in your favorite accent flavor – powdered sugar, sprinkles, nuts, or even coconut.Difficulty: Beginner
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small #100 Cookie Scoop about 2 tsp/scoop
- 3 cups Crushed Vanilla Wafers
- 1 ½ cups Pecans - Finely Chopped
- ½ cup Rum
- 3 Tbsps. Light Corn Syrup
- ¾ cup Powered Sugar
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, stir together the crushed vanilla wafers, powered sugar, cocoa, and nuts. Drizzle in vanilla, corn syrup and rum. Mix well.
- Scoop 2 scoops with cookie scoop and combine into 1 1/8″ balls.
- Roll Rum Balls in additional powdered sugar, cocoa, sprinkles, etc.
- Refrigerate in air-tight container for several days to develop extra flavor.
They may be frozen indefinitely in a vacuum bag. Substitutions: Any rum will work (White, Dark, Coconut, or Vanilla) — even your favorite Bourbon in a pinch. Any non-iced cookie or cracker will also work, from Oreos (minus the filling) to unsalted crackers to Butter wafers.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved