13 October, 2021
Chicken – SesamePosted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
Chicken – Sesame
An easy to prepare Chinese favorite that's sure to please.Difficulty: Easy
- 1 ½ lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. Sesame Seeds
- 4 Green Onions
- 3 – 4 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs. Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 Tbs. Sambal Oelek Chili Sauce
- ¼ cup Water
- In a dry Wok, toast Sesame Seeds over medium heat and set aside.
- Cut Chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Cut Green Onions into 1’ pieces.
- Shake Chicken pieces and 1/4 cup Cornstarch together in a gallon storage bag.
- Heat Oil in the Wok over medium heat
- Fry the Chicken in batches, turning to brown both sides. Remove to plate when browned.
- Drain most of Oil from Wok leaving just enough to sauté Garlic.
- Add Garlic. Cook until fragrant. (1/2 Minute).
- Add Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Honey, and Chili Sauce.
- Dissolve 2 Tbs. Cornstarch in Water then whisk into Wok.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- Return the Chicken to Wok. Stir to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle with Scallions and Sesame Seeds.
Serve over Rice or Chinese noodles. Double the Sauce ingredients for extra sauce. Best served hot from Wok. If you must prepare ahead, combine the sauce and chicken just before serving. If the sauce gets too thick, add 1- 2 Tbs. of water at a time until desired thickness.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved