27 October, 2021
Sausage RollsPosted in : Bread, Pork on by : MikeZ
Roll just like you'll find at "The Italian Specialty Shop" in Cornersburg. So easy and so very delicius.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 24 Rolls
- 2 Standard Baking Sheets & Medium Frying Pan
- 12 Rhodes Frozen White Dinner Rolls
- 1 Pound Ground Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 Medium Onion – Chopped
- ½ Green Pepper – Chopped
- ½ Red Pepper – Chopped
- 2 Eggs - 1 for Meat Mixture & 1 for Brushing on top
- 3 Tbs Butter
- Spray Cooking Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Thaw Rolls on Oiled Surface. Spray Oil on Plastic Wrap works well and makes for easy clean-up.
- When thawed but still cold, cut each Roll in half and flatten into a round disk
- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Brown Sausage in Medium Frying Pan – Set aside in mixing bowl.
- Sauté Onion and Peppers in Butter until Translucent in the same pan.
- Combine Sausage, Onion, Peppers & 1 Egg. Mix with your hand. Don't overwork the meat.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Divide meat mixture into small balls – one for each disk of dough.
- Place one sausage ball on each disk. Wet edges of disk and seal into dough wrapped ball.
- Place each ball on an oiled cookie sheet – Space apart to allow balls to double in size without touching.
- Cover with oiled plastic wrap & allow to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Brush top of each roll with egg and place in the oven
- Bake at 350° F for 35 – 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved