19 January, 2022
Chicken – Fried (KFC)Posted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
KFC Flavor in an Air Fryer
If you love KFC, then this is the recipe for you. This Air Fryer Fried Chicken is golden brown and delicious – soaked in buttermilk for a delicious Southern flavor.
Servings 10 pieces
- Air Fryer 5 – 7 Qt.
- Large Bowl for Soaking
- Medium Bowl for Dry Ingredients (or Gallon Plastic Storage Bag)
- Medium Bowl for Eggs
- 10 Chicken Drumsticks or Thighs - (Bone-In, Skin On) (See Note 1)
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- ⅔ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Thyme
- ½ tsp. Basil
- ⅓ tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Celery Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Dried Mustard
- 3 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp. White Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder - (optional for crispier skin)
- Soak the Chicken in buttermilk overnight.
- Beat the eggs in one bowl and mix the dry ingredients a second. Stir the spices well into the flour.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Remove Chicken, one piece at a time from buttermilk shaking off any excess liquid.
- Dredge each Chicken piece in the flour, then the eggs, and then the flour again. Place the coated piece on the wire rack and repeat with the remaining Chicken.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 390°. (See Note 2)
- Place perforated Parchment round in Fryer on Rack to prevent sticking.
- Lay Chicken in a single layer in your Air Fryer so the pieces aren't touching.
- Air Fry for 12 minutes. Flip over. If there are any dry spots where the flour is showing, spritz with olive oil. Air Fry for another 10 minutes until internal temperature is 165°. Add 5 minutes at a time if needed. (See note.)
- Enjoy! Serve with Mashed Potatoes and Our Delicious KFC Cole Slaw.
1 – You may also use a whole Chicken, broken into parts. Just be careful with the Breasts since they are usually larger than the other parts. (Breasts may be cut into front and rear halves for more uniform cooking.) 2 – Air Fryers differ in size, wattage, and heating capacity. Adjust temperature and/or cooking times accordingly.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved