6 October, 2023
Chicken Sandwich – CrispyPosted in : Chicken, Sauces on by : MikeZ
Crispy Chicken Sandwich
This Crispy Chicken Sandwich (Regular or Spicy) with homemade sauce is the perfect copycat recipe of the classic Chicken sandwich we all love! Air Fried or Pan Fried – it's Chic-Fillet delicious.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 4 sandwiches
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Sealable Plastic Bag
- Air Fryer
- Covered Skillet with Deep Sides Optional for frying
- 2 Lg. Chicken Breast Halves - Cut in half
- ¼ cup Pickle Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Pickle, Lettuce, Tomato, and Amer. Cheese Slices - for Toppings
- ½ cup AP Flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ – 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper - Optional
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp. Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Lemon Juice
Marinate the chicken:
- Cut each Breast in half to make 4 pieces total. Combine the pickle juice and water in a plastic bag. Add the chicken breast halves, seal, and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Prepare Coating:
- Mix flour, sugar, paprika, black pepper, chili powder, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix the milk and egg. Whisk to combine.
- Coat the chicken:
- Dip the marinated chicken into the egg mixture, and then coat in the flour breading mixture. Now repeat this step dipping that same chicken piece back into the egg mixture and then back into the flour again!
- Preheat Air Fryer to 370ºF.
- Grease the inside basket/rack of the air fryer and place coated chicken breasts in the air fryer. Single layer – not touching. Lightly spray the top of the chicken.
- Air Fry the chicken for 11-13 minutes, flipping halfway through cook time.
- Toast the sandwich buns. Spread the sauce on the insides of the buns. Top with lettuce, cheese, and crispy chicken!
For A Spicy Chicken Sandwich add the Cayenne Pepper.
Pan fry: Same Recipe. Just place chicken in hot oil in a deep sided skillet and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove to paper towel to dry.
Copyright © 2021 – 2023 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved