10 November, 2021
Cheesesteak – PhillyPosted in : Beef on by : MikeZ
Philly Cheesesteak with Peppers & Onions
Just like you find on the Southside of Philadelphia at Jim's Steaks. This is the Authentic Hoagie without the trip to Philly.Difficulty: Easy
Servings 4 Hoagies
- 12” Covered Skillet with Deep Sides
- Small Saucepan
- 2 lbs. Shaved Rib-eye Steak
- 1 Sweet Onion - Sliced thin
- 1 Green Bell Pepper - Chopped into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic - (Optional)
- ½ lb. Velveeta Cheese - (Optional)
- 4 Tbsp. Olive oil - To sauté Onion and Peppers .
- 4 Hoagie Buns
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to skillet on Medium Heat (375°F)
- Sauté' Onions & Pepper 5-10 min until soft.
- Add Shaved Steak and cook until meat is done to your liking. 15-20 Min
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Melt Cheese in small saucepan over low heat being careful not to scorch.
- Serve Beef mixture into Hoagie Buns. Add Velveeta (Whiz) if desired.
Ribeye has best flavor but any well marbled cut of Beef will work in a pinch. You may skip the Garlic if you prefer but this is NOT authentic without the Whiz!
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved