14 October, 2022
Chicken LombardyPosted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
Chicken Breast Cutlets in a light Sweet Wine Mushroom SauceDifficulty: Easy
- Large Oven Proof Skillet
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 8 oz. Fresh Mushrooms - sliced
- 2 Tbsps. Butter - melted
- 6 B/S Chicken Breasts.
- ½ cup AP Flour.
- ⅓ cup Butter.
- ½ cup Sweet White Wine. - Moscato, Riesling, etc.
- ½ tsp. Salt.
- ⅛ tsp. Pepper.
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese - shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan Ceese.
- 2 Green Onions - chopped.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, melt 2 tbsps of butter over medium-high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Temporarily remove from pan.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise and place them between sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten to ⅛ inch thickness using a flat-bottomed heavy pan.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Coat the chicken in the flour and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side in the same skillet. Temporarily remove Chicken to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the wine to the skillet to deglaze, bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally to make a thin rue. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Chicken back into the skillet and top with the mushrooms.
- Mix together the cheese and onions in a small bowl. Then sprinkle over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved