10 November, 2021
Chicken Francese w/ LemonPosted in : Chicken on by : MikeZ
Chicken Francese w/ Lemon
Ready in 35 minutes. Perfect for weeknights. A special dinner party entre' that's sure to impress.Difficult: Easy
- 2 Small Mixing Bowls
- Large Skillet
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts - Boneless – Skinless – cut in half horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese - Finely Grated
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice - Freshly squeezed
- ¼ Cup AP Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil - EVOO
- 6 Cloves Garlic - Crushed
- ½ Cup Dry White Wine
- ¾ Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream - (or Half & Half)
- ½ tsp Black P¼epper
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley - Chopped
- ½ Lemon - Juiced
- 2 tsp. Parsley - for garnish
- Pound each fillet to 1/2-inch thick, if needed. (Wrap with plastic and use a heavy Saucepan to bang them flat on your countertop.)
- Beat eggs, parmesan cheese, Lemon Juice, a pinch of salt and some black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- To another mixing bowl, add the flour and season with salt and pepper. Whisk to blend uniformly.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, dredge fillets in Flour, coating completely, then coat in the egg wash. Allow any excess egg mixture to drip off
- Fry fillets for about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place each cooked fillet aside on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Add the crushed garlic to the now-empty pan, and saute' for one minute until fragrant.
- Add the white wine, chicken broth, and parsley. Reduce for about 5 minutes on high heat while swirling the pan occasionally.
- Reduce heat and add the cream. Simmer on low until slightly thickened. Taste test and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Stir in the juice of half a lemon, and return the chicken to the sauce to heat through on low heat for two minutes.
- Serve the chicken and sauce together over rice or pasta and vegetables, if desired. Garnish with extra Lemon Slices and Parsley.
Beating the fillets to the desired thickness when making dinner is a great way to relieve all the tensions of the day.
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved