11 November, 2021
Spinach BallsPosted in : Appetizers on by : MikeZ
A simple but delicious Appetizer with a Mustard Sauce that will be the hit of your next get-together.
Servings 40 Balls
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium SaucePan
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- 2 Pkgs. Frozen Chopped Spinach, - 10 oz. each; thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups Herb Stuffing - crushed fine
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese - Shredded – firmly packed
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Green Onions - finely chopped
- 3 Eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 dash Nutmeg - grated
- ½ cup Dry Mustard
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Preheat Oven to 375°F
- Combine spinach with stuffing mix, parmesan cheese, melted butter, green onions, eggs and grated nutmeg in large bowl; mix well.
- Shape into 1” balls; place on cookie sheet. (May be made ahead up to this point; cover and refrigerate or freeze.)
- Bake for 10 min. or until lightly brown. Serve hot.
- Mix Mustard and Vinegar in Medium Bowl
- Combine sugar and egg yolk in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in mixture above.Cook, stirring constantly over low heat until mixture is thick (as apple butter) and smooth.
- Cover and Refrigerate until needed.
Shared by Paul Chiplock – December 20, 2009
Copyright © 2021 – 2022 – Mike Zets, Sylvania, Ohio USA – All Rights Reserved